Daehwa Molybdenum-Tungsten Project
- 100km SE of Seoul in the Chungcheongbuk-do Province.
- Historic Daehwa and Donsan molybdenum & tungsten mines.
- Historic production reported until 1979 was 2,022t of MoS2 in a 95% concentrate and 793t of WO3 in a 65-70% concentrate.
- High grade, narrow vein mineralisation developed for over 1 kilometre of strike extent along the main footwall Mo lodes.
- Historic hangingwall mining initially focussed on W production until 1938 when mining efforts were refocussed onto the development of the Mo lodes.
- Over 20 lodes were explored historically with production efforts focussing mainly on the 3 main footwall Mo lodes and 6 hangingwall Mo and W lodes.
Selection of assay results from the 2014 drill programme.
Hole DW006_2014 -
0.1m @ 13.09% Mo from 81.3m
0.3m @ 2.19% Cu, 0.13% Mo and 0.03% W from 267.97m
0.13m @ 2.04% Mo from 386.49m
Hole DW003_2014 -
0.2m @ 4.17% Mo from 71.76m
0.19m @ 4.42% W from 76.37m
0.18m @ 2.92% Mo from 99.32m
0.2m @ 2.32% Mo from 100.44m
0.1m @ 3.15% Mo from 162.64m
Hole DW001_2014 -
0.68m @ 2.12% Mo from 118.62m
0.28m @ 3.94% Mo from 139.92m
0.22m @ 4.21% Mo from 400.76m